Toronto Nikkei Forum トロント日系社会電子掲示板
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sparkling fundraising variety show at TIFF Bell Lightbox - Toronto To Japan: With Love.

Go down

A sparkling fundraising variety show at TIFF Bell Lightbox - Toronto To Japan: With Love. Empty A sparkling fundraising variety show at TIFF Bell Lightbox - Toronto To Japan: With Love.

Post  Temp Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Sent: April-08-11 1:27 PM
To: Joy Kogawa Kogawa
Subject: please forward

Dear Friends,

Margaret Atwood, Adrienne Clarkson, Michael Ondaatje, Bob Wiseman, Auto Rickshaw, Basia Bulat and many others are participating in a sparkling fundraising variety show at TIFF Bell Lightbox, 350 King St. West , on April 21, 7:00 p.m.

Toronto To Japan, www.torontotojapan.ca
, has been the most heart-expanding spontaneous combustion of my life and I hope you can come.

Tickets cost $40.00 and will be on sale starting Wednesday, April 13, by phone at TIFF box office - 416-599-TIFF (8433)1-888-599-TIFF (8433) or in person at the Festival Box Office 363 King Street West,10am-10pm.

$20.00 tickets for balcony seats are being sold through our website starting the same day. I will be holding a few in both categories.

If you have a silent auction item to offer, please fill in the form attached and mail to Jaime Hackett - Jaime@swb.ca. The cut off date is April 15.

Click here for the poster

Here are a few questions and answers:

Where is the money going?

When you purchase a ticket to the Toronto To Japan: Hope Blossoms event or purchase silent auction items, the proceeds will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross, Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, and Second Harvest Japan.

What happens when I donate to Toronto To Japan ?

You are already donating when you purchase a ticket to the event. Should you wish to make additional donations to TTJ there is a Pay pal option on the TTJ website. Cash, cheques and credit card payments will also be gratefully accepted at the event.

What about tax receipts?

For donations of $20 or more, payable to TTJ, there will be a form to complete with basic contact information to ensure that TTJ gets your donation to the right organization. TTJ can also pass on additional donations by cheque payable directly to the JCCC Foundation: Japan Earthquake Relief (for Japanese Red Cross) or Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders, who will then issue you a tax receipt for your donation. *NB: Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) asks that supporters make unrestricted contributions to their Emergency Relief Fund. Second Harvest Japan is in need of our support but cannot issue Canadian tax receipts for donations directed to Second Harvest Japan .

Joy, for Toronto To Japan : with love.

Temp

Back to top Go down