Toronto Nikkei Forum トロント日系社会電子掲示板
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7)

Go down

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) Empty ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7)

Post  NobbyM Sat May 07, 2016 6:51 pm

(English version follows the Japanese one).

皆さーん、

[] ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)

5月7日(土曜日)High Parkの坂の上の小さな木に桜の花が咲きました。ただし・・・。

- この木はあらかじめ開花宣言に決めている木ではありません。従って正式には開花宣言ではありません。
- 若葉がどんどん広がってしまい、完全な葉桜です。(下記写真参照):

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) HPSakura20162

- 開花宣言に決めている木々のつぼみは全く膨らんでいないばかりか、緑のままとんがっており、そのまま若葉になってしまうと思います。花になるためにはこぶし形に膨らみかつ濃い桃色になる必要がありますが、今日の時点ではそういうつぼみは見つかりませんでした。
- 一方若葉がもう少しすると広がり始めます。(下記写真参照):

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) HPSakura20161

- 以上の観察結果から、今年は咲かないのではないか、咲いても若葉の中に少数の桜が咲くような状況になるような気がします。今年は満開の桜は望めないと思います。
- ちなみに計算数値は5月7日頃には桜は散り若葉が広がる事を示しています。桜は咲く機会を逸したように思えます。

開花の過去の記録:

2007年5月2日(最終予想範囲内)
2008年4月26日(最終予想範囲内)
2009年4月27日(最終予想範囲内より2日遅れ)
2010年4月12日(最終予想範囲内)
2011年5月4日(最終予想範囲内より1日遅れ)
2012年4月5日(最終予想範囲内より3日遅れ)
2013年4月30日(最終予想範囲内)
2014年5月9日(最終予想範囲内より1日遅れ)
2015年5月2日(最終予想範囲内より1日早め)
2016年5月7日(最終予想範囲内より13日遅れ、貧弱な葉桜開花・満開なし)

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) Sakura2016

*「開花」とはあらかじめ決めた3本の木のうち2本に5ー6輪咲いた状態。
*「満開」とは90%の花が咲いた状態。

注)ボクは桜の専門家ではありません。非常に簡単な方法で予想しています。開花予想が外れても責任は負えません。

Nobby Miura 三浦信義, P.Eng., M.Eng. 
nobbycosmic@gmail.com

All,

[] Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7)

A few flowers bloomed on a small tree at the top of the hill in the High Park on May 7.  However....

- This tree is not among the pre-chosen trees for the blooming prediction.  Thus this is not the official declaration of the blooming.
- There are more young leaves than the flowers.  (See the picture below):

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) HPSakura20162

- The buds on the pre-chosen trees had no progresses in their growth, staying green and in the pointing shape.  They may grow in to young leaves with no flowers.  In order to become flowers, they must grow in a fist shape with dark pink before blooming.  At this point I could not find such buds within my sight.
- In the meantime, young leaves are about to unfurl.  (See the picture below):

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) HPSakura20161

- From the above observations, I have a feel that they may not bloom this year or even if they bloom, the number of the flowers will be much less and will be surrounded by the new green leaves.  I do not think we can expect a full bloom this year.
- The calculated figures show that, by May 7, the cherry flowers are all gone and the trees are with new green leaves.  They might have missed the timing to bloom.

Past records of the start of the blooming:

May 2, 2007 (Within the FINAL prediction)
April 26, 2008 (Within the FINAL prediction)
April 27, 2009 (2 days later than the FINAL prediction range)
April 12, 2010 (Within the FINAL prediction)
May 4, 2011 (1 day later than the FINAL predicted range)
April 5, 2012 (3 days later than the FINAL predicted range)
April 30, 2013 (Within the FINAL prediction)
May 9, 2014 (1 day later than the predicted range)
May 2, 2015 (1 day earlier than the FINAL predicted range)
May 7, 2016 (13 days later than the FINAL predicted range, poor blooming with leaves, no full bloom)

ノビーの恐れを知らぬHigh Parkの桜開花予想【開花、でも・・・】(5月7日)/ Nobby's Fearless Prediction [BLOOMED, BUT...] of Cherry Blossoms at High Park (May 7) Sakura2016

* The definition of the blooming is that at least 5 to 6 flowers on at least two trees each among the three pre-chosen trees bloom.
* Full bloom means the condition where 90% of the flowers are in full bloom.

Note: I am not an expert on the blooming nor the cherry blossoms. I am calculating the figures with very basic pieces of information. I do not take any responsibilities if the prediction was off.

Nobby Miura 三浦信義 P.Eng., M.Eng.
nobbycosmic@gmail.com

NobbyM

Back to top Go down